Re: HARP-L Digest V95 #133

I've got a a Huang Silvertone in C -- only C harp I own -- with an odd
problem.  I can only draw 3 down one tone, instead of the usual one and a
half semi-tones.  No Ab, to put it another way.  Why should this be so?
None of my better quality harps suffer from this problem.  Is this a
characteristic of Silvertones?  But it _is_ strange, since the acoustic
theory as I understand it says that you should be able to draw to to
about a semi-tone above the low reed.  Since the low reed is more or less
in tune, I cannot understand why, no matter what I try, I can't get the
full bend.  BTW, I am some kind of intermediate player, and have no
problem with this bend on any other harp I have tried.

Puzzled ...

Robert
rneville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx