Re: Grapefruit Juice Can

According to John Frazer:
.
. i've done this before using i paper or plastic cup. It sounds pretty cool.
.

Billy Vizor (cousin and occasional sideman of Lightnin' Hopkins, and who
has been discussed on this list before) used to play through a tin can,
half filled with water.

When I saw Rod Piazza last year at the Virginia Blues Festival there was
a very old guy holding a tin can. When Rod was finished, the old guy took
out a harp from it and showed him how he used the can for harp playing. I
didn't actually hear him play it and I'm not sure if he got a chance to -
I wonder if he was the same old man Cathi N. mentioned? Anyway, Billy
Bizor got a really nice sound from it. I still haven't tried this myself
but I will one of these days.

Steve Levine         "If you don't love the blues you must have a
slevine@xxxxxxxxxx    hole in your soul."
*******************                  -Jimmy Rogers