Harmonica Players in Portland Over July 4th

I wanted to alert the harp players and fans in the Northwest about
what will be happening in Portland, Oregon over the July 4th weekend.

The city's annual Waterfront Blues Festival, held in Portland's
Waterfront Park, will be held over that weekend, and several harp
players will be featured. Doug Jay and I will both be doing shows there
on Sunday afternoon. Rick Estrin and Little Charlie and the Nightcats
will be performing on Monday, and Mark Hummel and his band will do a
show at the Festival on Tuesday. I believe Paul deLay will also be
performing at the Festival, but I'm not sure.

On Monday afternoon at 3:00 on the Festival grounds I'll be hosting
a celebration of the world's finest instrument and signing copies of
my book. Rick Estrin and Mark Hummel will also be there with me, as will
David Flack, a great diatonic player, and the outstanding chromatic
player, Earl Williams. Harp players are encouraged to bring their
instruments and to solicit tips from these fine players.

Monday night local harp whiz Bill Rhodes will host his annual
Harmonica Blow-Off at the Melody Ballroom, a Portland club.
Arthur Moore, another top local harpist, and Bill will play, as
will myself, Rick Estrin, Mark Hummel, and Paul deLay. The music
starts at 8:00. Harp fans will definitely get their money's worth.
You won't have many chances to see Estrin, Hummel, and deLay in
one evening.

--Kim Field