Chromatic Beginner

Any general exercises for playing on the chromatic?  I've been playing the
diatonic for about a year now (in fact, I think I've been playing for a
year today) and am just starting to expand into the chromatic world.  I ca
improvise a bit on the blues scale playing in 3rd position (A on a G
chromatic).  What are some other scales (I hear Paul DeLay plays in 5
positions).  Any tricks at getting a classic sound?  Any examples of who
to listen to and imitate?  Please reply personally, so you don't bug
anyone.  Thanks for any help.

				-Tom Hinkle-
hinkl_th@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx