Re: Brownie's harp player

According to Steve Price:
.
. 	My brother caught Brownie McGhee at the Chicago Blues Fest on
. Sunday and said he played with a number of people, including a harp
. player.
.
. 	Did anyone catch the show?  Has Brownie been playing publically
. recently?  Who blew harp with him?  What kind of style (my brother was
. not able to describe the guy's style in detail enough to be useful).
.
   Steve, I was at the festival. the harp player's name was Jerry Ricks.
He played a lot like Sonny Terry - lots of rhythm with melody following
the vocal and guitar leads. He was a good player but he tended to
overplay a little, sometimes drwoning out the vocals. But it was nice to
see one of the living legends. Brownie was in great form at the festival
and I'd definitely recommend seeing him if you get a chance.

Steve Levine             "Come on, get rhythm, when you get the blues."
slevine@xxxxxxxxxx