Re: Play music.....

At 11:50 AM 6/3/95 -0400, Douglas Tate wrote:

>Harvey A wrote a definitive statement about music reading. It contains so much
>good sense that I am going to copy it and paste it to the wall of one of my
>calssrooms at school.

Really, Douglas !?!!  Actually in re-reading it finally, it really was too
long and I got some flack back on the racial part too.  Apologies to any
who were offended or found it boring/irrelevant.  Just trying a little
teaser on a subject everyone seems to want to stay away from (race,
culture, sociology of music, sociology of the harmonica).

<more good stuff cut, from a classicist's perspective, on reading music>

>Keep trying, it's worth it.

I will.  Maybe even the Popper stuff that Winslow talked about, tab or not
-- speed patterns are fun to play and not a bad practice regimen. Now if I
could just go to that $200 Madcat Ruth seminar in Virgina...........

Harv <HAAndruss@xxxxxxx>

ps -- does runaround sound like rosalita or is it just me (e god street
wine traveler ?); all jersey dudes sound alike (NOT)

pps -- j. geils/magic dick & war/lee oskar were big in harmonica rock/top
40 b4 BT.  don't forget steve miller (recent harp-l archives), aerosmith,
even the boss. more ?