Re: pucker/tongue block results

MARK D GEEHAN gave us the results of the pucker/tongue block survey:

>38 respondents
>
>Both: 23   Roughly 80% pucker, 20% TB
>
>Pucker: 9  Mostly Diatonic players
>
>Tongue Block: 6   Mostly Chromatic players

Tangentially:

How many of us pucker-ites are former players of an instrument that
required an embrochure? I'm a (very) ex-trumpeter myself, and I found
it easy enough to pucker up and play single notes, but I've yet to
get the hang of the tongue-blocking thing.

Of course, following the wisdom of the list, I am practising,
practicing, practising (all the way to Carnegie Hall).

Andrew "I might be a newbie, but I've *been* to the archives, and
I've seen the promised land" Demack

Andrew Demack, Editor  ***  E-mail: ucaqld@xxxxxxxxxxx
Journey magazine * URL: http://www.peg.apc.org/~ucaqld
*** Uniting Church in Australia * Queensland Synod ***
***** Coming soon: DoveNetQ * Watch this space! ******