Re: Defining blues

>search the archives of Blues-L for
>any number of tediously exhaustive threads

If we did this we might eventually run out of things to talk about.

I remember there was a "What is blues?" thread that lasted much
longer than it should have, but I thought it was on Blues-L.

I am interested in techie microphone stuff and amp stuff so I
keep bringing up these subjects but I skim the almost
constant discussion of wind savers or whatever it is that many
of the chromatic players have deep concerns with. I don't resent
their discussion because  the chromatic guys have much
more in common with me as a blues harp player than I have with
even a blues guitar player. Eventually they will come up with some
important points - even in the context of those saver thingies -
that I will find fascinating.

Please don't look at this as beating a dead horse. We are chewing
our cud. The stuff in the archives is reference material. I don't
think that we should be faulted for looking for a new light on
old material.

The archives are huge and the newer people on this list can't be
expected to research the archives before starting a thread or
responding to one. I am really pleased to see all of the new
harpers popping up recently. I think there should be a start
of the "How to Bend" thread and one on Jamming etiquette.
There seems to constant interest in overblows. This
stuff is done very well in the archives, but refering a newbie to
the archives might be thought of as haughty and unfriendly.
There is no harm in going over the stuff one more time.

By the way, more than a year ago I think I saw your harp tag
line stuff on Blues-L and you told me how to access Harp-L.
I have always been amazed at this list. I try to read every
message. There is so much information here. So if that was
you then  - Thanks.

 Keith