Re: Shocked!

<Getting shocked from '59 vintage amp>

If you go wireless, you will eliminate the shock hazard.

I assume the amp is a decently powered unit if you're playing in a band.
This would mean it is transformer powered.  There should be 2
transformers - a plate transformer (smaller) and a power supply
transformer (larger).

You can try reversing the plug in the socket, but even this is not
foolproof.  I'd highly recommend checking it into a repair shop to have a
grounded AC power cord installed.  Have the tech make sure that neither
side of the current AC cord is grounded, either DC or AC coupled.

But DON'T ignore this!  If you're sweaty and/or holding the mics just
right, we may lose yet another harp player to electrocution.  It's a
serious problem.

 -- mike