Re: Perfect Pitch

Douglas,

>Perfect pitch is a disease so far as I am concerned.

Say impediment rather than disease. On the same subject:

Our drummer has little or no musical training. He keeps a good
beat, knows what a shuffle is and can sing a little. His problem
is that he sings in B flat - period. He has perfect pitch and
can't do anything with it except sing in B flat. If he sings in
any other key the song is in B flat very quickly.

This form of perfect pitch must be fairly common because
I met someone a few years ago that could only sing in F.

Keith