Re: More on mics

>Tim Moody said the old timers call crystal mics " carbon mics" There is
>such a thing as a carbon mic, and I don't think it is crystal. I
>understand you have to apply an electric charge to a carbon mic to make
>it work. They here used on old telephone handsets. This is my
>understanding and not to be confused with absolute truth. ;^)
>
>HARMONICA JOHN	San Diego  PO Box 740613 SD CA 92174

Yes that is correct and the name stuck. A lot of old mics were called
carbon mics even without a carbon element. My post was to show
some history but I was too vague. I only meant to show that the
term "carbon mic" was popular at one time(even if it wasn't a real
carbon based element in the mic).

Tim Moody