Advice on "black-face" Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp

I'd be grateful for opinions, advice, info on a Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp with
black faceplate that I'm evaluating for purchase.  It's in a rebuilt box made
to original specs, uncovered raw plywood, and has two 10" Eminence loudspeaker
speakers.  The front has the following inputs and controls:

o  o   0    0    0   |   o  o     0     0     0     0     0     0
1  2  Vol Treb  Bass     1  2  Volume Treble Bass Reverb Speed Intensity

Am I right that the speed and intensity knobs are supposed to control what
Fender called a vibrato?  They don't do anything.  Since this amp has no
"presence" control and no separate master volume, how can I control the amount
of distortion?  Knocking on top of the amp causes crackle.  Do you think this
is a major problem?  The owner will probably ask me for $250.  Does that seem
reasonable?  $300?

Thanks all for your patience, and in advance to those who respond to me off-
list about this.

	-John Thaden	jjthaden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx