Re: Beginner question: type of harp?

> Im new to Harp L but I play professionally (20 years) . Im wondering if
> anyone else has noticed that quality control at Hohner seems to have taken a
> nose dive. I generally buy Marine Bands and literally half the time the 6
> blow note is flat ! Brand new harp! Has this been discussed to death on Harp
> L? if so I apologize.
> Bend it ez,
> Garry

Garry, Your note echos a sentiment I have heard among players here in
Britain as well as by retailers (not just the flat notes but other
problems as well). Perhaps we should glean as many legitimate complaints
as possible and as members of a rather specialized list we could then
put this to Horner in a letter. I am personally convinced that a
particular alloy could be used--such as is used in aviation--that would
allow reeds to both bend properly as well as hold-up for much longer
than the material presently used. I think Of this every time I look out
the window of a 747 in flight and watch that damn massive wing bounch up
and down like a hugh reed in a surreal Marine Band having the breath of
God blow accross it...

Theodore P. Letis