Adler & Django

TO: internet:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Larry Adler/Django Reinhardt sides have also been reissued in
various Django packages. In the 1970's adm '80s there was a
complete works (or at least complete for that group of labels)
package on Frenck EMI/Pathe called Djangologie, and I think the
Adler stuff appeared on No. 8 (there were about 21 LPs in that
series). You might still pick it up in a used record store if you
get lucky.

There have also been some recent multi-CD Django issues covering
at least part of the EMI series. Look for the sequence of "Body
and Soul," "Lover Come Back To Me," "My Melancholy Baby," and "I
Got Rhythm," as CD boxes , especially ones covering a long period
of time, are unlikely to list personnel.

By the way, there were some alternate takes from this session
according to the Django Reinhardt discography, but none of them
seems to have been issued.

Winslow Yerxa
Harmonica Infromation Press
Z Did you ever dream lucky / wake up achin' in mind?