Re: Magic Dick/Pierre Beauregard

> BTW I
> had one of those ~bad~ silverface twins.  It was a 1973.  One of the big
> mistakes of my amp buying and selling career was to sell it.  That amp
> recorded better than any amp I've owned before or since.  It's not all
> black and white.  FJM

 No kidding! Silverface Fenders are good, usable amps (with some
exceptions). They sound good. They're reliable. They're one *HELL* of a
lot cheaper than their blackface equivalents which, thanks to the
absurdities of collecting, are priced far out of proportion with their
actual worth (IMHO).
 So much in the music world is based on absrud prejudice and rumor, and a
lot of musical instrument and amplifier manufacturers rely on that
prejudice to rake in the cash.