Re: Junior Wells

J.DANIELS>> I've seen him twice in the early 80's with Buddy and Junior was
exceptionally lazy.  He called for a band break after playing only three
songs;  I've seen him sneak off
stage when the stars come to sit in, occasionally jumping back on if a good
tune is going on . <<

    On the other hand, I'll never forget a Boston show that Buddy & Junior
did back in the mid-80's.  When the club's 1:30am curfew came up, they just
weren't ready to stop playing, and continued to do several songs after
getting the "quit" sign.  Finally, about ten minutes later the club finally
turned of the stage power on them!  Junior announced, "Now, we'd appreciate
it if you'd turn that power back on, 'cause we're gonna finish this song
ANYWAY..."  And sure enough, they went on to jam acoustically!  After a few
minutes of that management sighed (Okay, I EXPECT that they sighed!) and
switched them back on.  At the end of that jam they bade a gracious
goodnight!

  Bismo.