Live Recording

Next week my band is playing at a local club and we are interested in making a
live recording for our own enjoyment and also for demo purposes. None of us
has ever done a live recording before and I would welcome any suggestions as
to the best approach. Some people suggest using the mixing board, while others
say to use two directional mikes hanging from the ceiling. I guess both have
their advantages and disadvantages...I would appreciated anyones input on this
matter.

Thanks in advance...

Kurt