Re: Mic Mods

At  4:06 AM 1/19/95 -0800, Mike Curtis wrote:
>4. Drill a hole in the threaded recess and mount a 50k miniature pot.  I
>bought the best one I could find, and found a nice aluminum knob that
>just fits.

Apparently a magnetic cartridge element is less load sensitive and can
drive a bigger load than a crystal element which is why Astatic uses a 500K
pot in the JT-30 and Blues Blaster. Is this true?

My experience says that every stage should have a high input impedance and
a low output impedance . A 50K pot would greatly effect the load on the mic
element.

Since we beat this horse pretty bad last fall, I'm curious as to why you
chose a value of 50K.

Rkt