Re: Mic Mods

What's the cotton for?  I haven't had a problem with my chord since I
switched itr over to a 1/4" jack.  #3 years and counting now.  the other
thing that's nice about this is that if it does die onstage mid gig you
can probably find a replacement cord nearby.  A volume control might be
nice, though using proximity to control volume seems to work just fine.
thge other thing I do is play with my thumb over the element a lot of the
time.  Acts just like a mute and if you move your thumb around or remove
it entirely for solos the range of sound you get is very much akin to a
volume control.  fjm