Re: re Vibroverb RI Class A ?

Even if the amp isn't biased for class A it will run class A at lower
volumes.  The reason being that the tube won't get driven into cutoff at
lower volumes and will pass current for 360 degrees of the cycle. I was
thinking in pairs of tubes then switched to singles.  Hence the error.
With a center tap transformer the turns ratio would remain the same.  I
still think that if you  just pulled the tube it would work at lower
volumes but better yyet you could change the first preamp tube to a 12at7
from a 12ax7 and lower the preamp gain ensuring that the remaining output
wouldn't be driven into cutoff.  Would I do this?  No.  Buy a Princeton
or Champ is the obvious solution.  BTW There is some Little Walter stuff
where he sounds awful.  It's on the Chess records release of Super Blues.
It was recorded just before he died.  Bo Diddley, Muddy Waters, and LW
together for the first time.

FJM