64 Chromonica info

I just received a new model 64 chromonica at an unbelievable price ;-) which
is almost identical to my Larry Adler model that I purchase in Germany in the
early 1980's. The purchase was made with the help of harp-l friend Bill Grogan
who found two - only two :-( - collecting dust for many years in a music store
in downstate Delaware. Apparently they were misordered along time ago and just
sitting around. Thanks alot Bill, I love it and owe this dandy purchase to
this list.

Here are a few questions. This 64 chromonica had been in a music store for
several years. It appears to have a wood comb which I like and was wondering
what kind of sealer is put on the back and sides of the comb as it is a glossy
black color-similiar to the Marine Bands? I was thinking about etching my name
on the back of the comb or some other obscenity-like "suck this big one " :-)
Has anyone every tried this? Does the sealer cause problems if you try and
carve/etch into it?.

Do the new 64's have a plexiglass body and if so does any one know when Hohner
quit making the wood body models. I remember an earlier post about problems in
getting and curing the pear wood? Is that the only kind of wood (ever) used on
the older chromatics?

Also the reed plates are attached with nails/pins. Does Farrel have the
replacement nuts and bolts and drill bit for the 64 similiar to the ones that
I use to retrofit my 270 chromatics (probably yes)? More important has anyone
made this modification to the 64 chromonica and if so any tips, suggestions,
or words of caution if and when I do it?