Re: Straight harp albums

	I can second all that Kim Field and others have said about Jimmy Reed
and Deford Bailey (Whoops, can't forget LW).  I have an album (old) called
something like "Blues Harmonica Players from the 20's and 30's".  Since it is
at home, I can't for the life of me remember who put it out (Chess or Bluesways
?), but it really gives one a great feel for the style before WWII.  I do
remember the album cover bragging on DeFord Bailey being the 1st black artist
to appear on the the Grand Old Opry, I think around 1926.  If anyone is super
interested, I will provide more info on it.  Just e-mail me directly and I'll
try and help.
Regards,
Bill Grogan
wlgrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx