pucker, block or ...

This concerns J P Hester's quandry about other experiences with this
third method of bending. I too use the same described "third" technique
and picked it up similarly (no one to show me differently). I know others
with the same experience. It is interesting to me that, unless shown otherwize, this is natural for many of us. I did learn later that this method has
its limitation (as well as benefits) and is no substitution for blocking
or puckering. You NEED all three in your toolbox. Method 3, for instance,
will not allow one to articulate, because your tongue is busy doing somethig
else. Method 3 cannot achieve a blocking sound or the speed between certain
notes while blocking.

I'd like to toss one back at you. I also use this method as a third alternative
to blow bending. It has the same pros and cons on the upper register for me.
What is your experience?