Re: Louis Myers on harp?

> From:          haandruss@xxxxxxx (Harvey Andruss)

> I have heard from a tape copy a friend gave me a few harp instrumental
> tunes on _Chicago Blues Harmonicas_  by Louis Myers, usually thought of as
> the guitarist for Jr. Wells and Little Walter in the 50s, and I liked them.

> ... How's his health (heard it was bad for a while,
> must be 60 something)?

The following courtesy of Eric LeBlanc of BLUES-L:

LOUIS MYERS was born on Wednesday, September 18, 1929  Byhalia, MS. and died
on  Sunday, September 4, 1994, Chicago, IL.

 ALBUM/CD DISCOGRAPHY
 ADVENT 2806           : VARIOUS - CHICAGO BLUES AT HOME (3 cuts)
 ADVENT 2809           : LOUIS MYERS - I'M A SOUTHERN MAN
 BLACK & BLUE 33508    : THE ACES - CHICAGO BEAT
 BLUE THUMB 8702       : CHICAGO BLUES STARS - COMING HOME (5 cuts)
 BLUES LEGACY 12506    : THE ACES - KING OF THE CHICAGO BLUES V. 1
 DELMARK 618           : VARIOUS - SWEET HOME CHICAGO (2 cuts)
 EARWIG CD 4919        : LOUIS MYERS - TELL MY STORY MOVIN'
 FLYRIGHT CD 11        : VARIOUS - CHICAGO BLUES HARMONICA (2 ABCO cuts)
 JSP 1065              : LOUIS MYERS - WAILIN' THE BLUES
 MCM 900293            : THE ACES - WITH THEIR GUESTS
 RED LIGHTNIN' 0033    : VARIOUS - CHICAGO BLUES (2 cuts)
 VOGUE 30174           : THE ACES - KING OF THE CHICAGO BLUES V. 1

Eliot Williams
University of Wisconsin Medical School
ecwillms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx