Re: high notes

Paul,

I have a CX-12 harmonica.  Sometimes, a new harmonica may have some reeds
that a not just gaped right for the reeds to vibrate properly.  I would
suggest that you try using a very light breath pressure on the higher reeds.
 If you have been using the "pucker" position for blues playing on the
Diatonica, you may be using too much breath pressure on the high end of the
reeds on the chromatic.

It is really hard to determine what might be the problem without looking at
the instrument.  The reeds may have to be adjusted with more gap or less gap.
 If you are still having problems with the reeds responding, after you are
blowing very lighty in to the harmonica, then see if you can locate some
experienced chromatic players, who know about minor maintenance on the
chromatic.  If you do not know how to adjust the reeds, I suggest that you
not mess with the instrument, because you might cause more problem with the
harmonica.  The best way to play the chromatic is with a light breath control
for the high end reeds.  You don't really have to blow very hard to get a
nice response from any the reeds over the entire range of the 3 octave
instrument.  On the other hand, the reeds may just have to be broken in with
playing, since the harmonica is a new instrument.

Richard Martin