Re: FTP for other harp stuff...

HarpSPAH@xxxxxxx writes:

>Hey Chris,
>When you put this gopher stuff in the FTP, whatever that is, what will we
>need to access it?  Some of us are just simple folk sending and receiving
>E-mail through Online America, etc. and will want to know what we will need
>to get to all that good stuff.

That's a good question Bob!  And I could answer it if is was for
normal systems, instead of for AOL.

I honestly don't know anything about AOL, CompuServe or any of the
other pay connections to the internet.  I've never had a need to use
them (or the money to use 'em).

What we need is someone from AOL and CompuServe to be our
"Authorities" in those areas.

I can do it for "normal" Internet connections via Universities and
Organizations that don't use stuff like AOL or CS.  I can deal with
most Operating Systems, UNIX, VMS, DOS, etc.

Any volunteers to answer Bob's question?

Thanks,

Chris