Re: Shocking II

On Thu, 23 Feb 1995, Hugh Messenger wrote:

> I got my own back by handing him my mike ... "hold this while I got to the
> bathroom."

	Spitfull, (but loads of fun).:)

> We solved the problem by a) taking a pair of snips to his guitar

	Well, I guess most guitarists would not realise they had had
their guitar strings cut off anyway. It's often an improvement to the
playing (and sound) of many guitarists. :-)

> It is at times like this I am glad the U.S. only uses 110v.  The standard
> U.K. 240v *hurts*!!  But then, it's almost impossible to use an ungrounded
> plug in the U.K, due to the outlet design.
>
> >Kim
>
>    -- hugh

	Well, this is true as far as it goes, but now and then some
bright spark (pun intended) will *remove* the earth wire in a plug.
This being an uninformed attemt to get rid of hum, which may be caused by
an earth loop. (silly boys)

THEN the fireworks begin. Remember the sixties? One or two well known
guitar players got bad shocks on stage, due to poor earthing. I'm NOT
saying they removed an earth wire, just that earthing was not good
enough	on some bits of kit.

It was always a guitarist touching the strings and a mic stand at the
same time which caused the shocks in those days.

Gordon

	****This computer works perfectly until accessed.****

  -----"Its no good talking to me, its just the same as talking to you."------
							Bob Dylan.