Re: sound files

> Let me tell you this: Quality soundbytes eat LOTS of space. And if
> you want to demonstrate harp technique, you need quality sampling.
> Lower sampling rates will not reproduce the high ends. If you don't
> like the way a solid state amp makes your harp sound, imagine how
> it would sound if you were listening over the phone. Or worse yet,
> on a see-and-say: "This is a harmonica. do-wah-wah..."
>
> Maybe it would be a better idea to put together a Harp-L CD.

That would be nice, too.

But I see a library of harp licks as serving more of a different purpose.
Not so much for subtleties, but more to show ideas about different licks,
different positions, and more elementary things like that.  For this, an
11 kHz 8 bit .wav or low compression .aud sample is adequate.  But I
don't think I'd try to push it much beyond that.

 -- mike