Kendrick Harp Amps

The Kendrick harp amp in question on yesterday's digest is not similar to any
12" amp I've every seen.  Gerald Weber has developed an "anti-feedback" loop in
the electronics, which allows you to get severe volume levels without the normal
problems.  Additionally, the amp has both a clean and dirty channel, and you can
mix the two of these to create your own preferred level of distortion.
Otherwise, it is a very simple rig--no reverb, although the Kendrick reverb tank
will fit nicely in the amp.  The shape is odd, and I know will require a custom
cover, if not a hard case.  Tim Moody is right--the amps are expensive--@ $1600
plus cover, shipping, etc.  As of today, there are only two well known pro
players using these amps--Andy Linderman (who is testing his out this week), and
Paul Orta, who lives in Austin and was the "test driver" during the development
of the product.
We were asked to supply a number of different mics during the development phase,
and the amp was "dialed in" to work best with an EV mod that Tim Norris
developed for us.  The amp also works well with other mics, but the greater
output level of this EV seems to maximize all aspects of the Kendrick's
performance.
The amp is currently being tested for a review in next month's Vintage Guitar
Magazine, which should be very interesting from a technical viewpoint.  Joe
Filisko loaned VG his EV mic we built for him for the test.  Oddly, VG did not
request the test conducted by any of the more well known players, and I had
never heard of the guy that was to conduct the harp player's review (which
means, I might add, absolutely nothing).  I currently have about 8 customers who
have jumped for the amp, including many in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska.
Other than checking out Paul Orta's gig here last month, I haven't seen anyone
with one.  But his sounded great (and what would you expect for that much
money!).  If you would like to contact Paul to discuss the amp I can provide his
number, although he is now in Europe until late March.
Gerald has asked me to come down to his place near Austin and bring a host of
mics for further testing.  When I get to it this Spring I will report back.  Tom
Ellis III