Re: Kendrick amplifier

I've always wondered about the markup on these amps.  Boutique amps that
is.  Kendrick spends loads of time on the phone and has a good catalogue
all of which cost money.  Still the cost of many of their parts is very
high.  The reprint of the RCA tube manual is $20.00 from them and less
than $15.00 elsewhere.  Their transformers and speakers cost less from
other vendors.  50 % less sometimes.  Perhaps it's associated overhead.
I've been to their factory in Pflugerville it's out in the middle of
nowhere.  Can't be costing them that much to lease.  Still all and all
their quality of construction is outstanding and the people there are all
extremely nice and helpful.  Sam the guy that handles parts and answers
the phone is an absolute riot to talk to.  Funniest guy I've spoken with
in a long while.  A couple of technical points about the new amplifier.
It's a single 12" speaker in a new patented semi floating baffle board.
They run the bias current higher than usual and it is supposed to distort
at lower volumes.I've never heard the thing except for over the phone,
but I liked it then.  I'm truly curious as to opinions from harmonica
players that have tried this amp but so far I have heard none with the
exception of Paul Orta an Austin area player who's playing is pretty
good.  Hey Tim why don't you try it out?  You're the one that loves 12's"
so much.  Just sell your car to pay for it.  Maybe they'll send you a
review copy.  Hey Jeff tell your engineer buddies that you know of a
national harmonica publication that would be willing to accept a Kendrick
amp for review in a national harmonica forum.  FJM