Corky Siegel

Dear Harp-Lers,

Here is an article that I just read tonight in The International
Musician, the voice of the American Federation of Musicians.
I will be rushing out to get ahold of this record this week.

George Miklas, bass harmonica
Jerry Murad's Harmonicats

Reprinted from THE INTERNATIONAL MUSICIAN, Vol 93, No. 8, February, 1995
Copyright:  American Federation of Musicians of the U.S. and Canada 1995

Excerpt from Page 13
Headline:  FOLK, BLUES AND BEYOND
By:  John McCutcheon

Legendary blues composer, pianist, singer and harmonica virtuoso
Corky Siegel (of Siegel-Schwall fame) has recently joined forces
with the West End String Quartet and percussionist Frank Donaldson
to present "Chamber Blues" to audiences throughout North America.
And those audiences--in tuxedos and T-shirts--have responded with
sold-out, standing ovations from Aspen to Atlanta.  "Chamber Blues"
has been described as a cross between Muddy Waters and Mozart.
"The whole concept of 'Chamber Blues' is not experimental," says
Siegel, "it's natural and palatable--neither blues nor classical--
it's just music."  And, indeed, that union has opened new doors for
classical music and blues listeners alike by weaving easily identifiable
sounds into a rich tapestry of music without forsaking the innate
qualities of either form.  Alligator Records has recently released
"Chamber Blues."