Re: 1st position blues

Mike Curtis <wd6ehr@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>Someone else mentioned "copyright infringement", which would be the case
>with segments from records, CD's, etc.  However, if anyone wanted to
>record examples, etc., on their own, this issue could be skirted.  Of
>course, if someone uploads their own copyrighted material, I don't see
>there being a problem.

Shouldn't be a problem there, if we can GET people to do it! #:)

>Can these files be ftp'd to ftp.wku.edu, to the incoming directory?  Or
>do things need to be arranged first?  Or????  (Chris??)

No, as of right now, you can NOT ftp TO ftp.wku.edu.  As I've said
before, the best way that we have to do all of this right now is to
UUENCODE it and mail it to me.

Unless someone knows of a FTP site we can use to transfer stuff back
and forth.

>My computer supports .wav format files (I run a 486 and Windoze).  What is
>.au format?  What is required to play it?  Can .wav be converted to .au,
>and vice versa?

.AU files seem to be the most popular format for sound files right
now.  You can FTP a version of SOX, which is a .WAV <-> .AU converter
(I think you can get it from Oak.Oakland.Edu in the SimTel archives).

.AU's are probably the most popular right now because that is the
format most UNIX systems use (I believe), and as we all know (or
should by now) UNIX is the Most popular Operating System in the World
right now (and I can say this without bias, since I am a Devote VMS
man).

Chris