Re: Junior Wells.

When Little Walter had his first solo hit with "Juke" he left the Muddy Waters
Band and fronted the Aces. At the same time Junior Wells left the Aces and
became Little Walter's replacement in the Muddy Waters Band. I wouldn't say
that they were rivals, but they were both Muddy Waters sidemen.

I don't think that Wells has a Little Walter sound. He definitely has his own
style, and he's very good at third position. One album I can recommend is
Junior Wells' "Hoodoo Man Blues." Buddy Guy plays guitar on it and it's a
great album overall. Lots of classic Jr. Wells harp on it.

  -Steve