Re: Movie Score Harp

>Also, are there any other film
>scores that bring the harp to the fore?
>Thanks,
>JCB

This one's not exactly the score for the movie, But
it's one of my favorite harps-on-screen scenes.
I think the name is Mysterious Island, but that could be
completely wrong. There's this bunch of civil war soldiers,
mostly Yanks, but with one Reb thrown in. They get trapped
in a hot air balloon and dropped in this prehistoric land
where they eventually meet Captain Nemo. Anyway, they have
just finished eating the giant crab they cooked in the hot
lava pool and one of the soldiers pulls out a harp. They
all start dancing around while he pumps out some jam. This
is my favorite harmonica image - a bunch of guys up to
their eyeballs in trouble, partying down while Johnny Reb
wails on the harp.