Those higher notes

barrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote in a message to All:

 bc> Kevin, let me explain my reasons for disliking Mr. Popper
 bc> more than a  little.  His lack of resemblance to Big Walter
 bc> Horton is not however one  of these reasons.  I have
 bc> unfortunately read more than one interview  with Mr. Popper.
 bc>  He comes off as more than a little arrogant and self
 bc> serving.

FJM,

  Wow!  If you used this criteria to judge musicians many of the 'great
ones' would be eliminated.  And they come off more than a 'little arrogant
and self serving'.

 bc> In one of the interviews he describes a motorcycle
 bc> accident  that he had. This accident was the result of his
 bc> high rate of speed at  the time of the accident.  If you

  But what does this have to do with musical ability?

 bc> Popper.  I'm glad you like Mr. Popper.  Don't make the
 bc> mistake I made and  read an interview and you'll probably do
 bc> fine with him.  FJM

  I like Mr. Popper's music and ability.  I have read a coupla interviews
featuring him and tend to agree with you about his attitude.  But...  I've
read worse.

Thanks for the discussion,

          -Kevin