Those higher notes

rocket@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote in a message to All:

>  I like his work with Blues Traveler.  His sound is quite unique and
>clean.  But he really gets ripped here.  I'm beginning to think if it
>doesn't sound like Big Walter it ain't harp on this list.  :-(
>         -Kevin

 rt> That's not it at all. It has as much to do with his attitude
 rt> as his playing. What he does, he does well but he tends to
 rt> be redundant and for as many notes/second that he plays, he
 rt> doesn't say much. And, as has been mentioned here recently,
 rt> there are plenty o' players who can do what he does, just as
 rt> there are plenty o' players who can do what BWH does.

Rkt,

  I agree with you that there are probably better harp players.  But I do
like his clean playing style and work with Blues Traveler.  Music is very
subjective. I like BWH very much too.

 rt> Message from Garcia to Popper: A little humility goes a long
 rt> ways.

  Agreed.

          -Kevin