Re: Those higher notes

At 8:20 PM 2/9/95, Kevin Zimmerman wrote:
>  I like his work with Blues Traveler.  His sound is quite unique and
>clean.  But he really gets ripped here.  I'm beginning to think if it
>doesn't sound like Big Walter it ain't harp on this list.  :-(
>
>         -Kevin

That's not it at all. It has as much to do with his attitude as his
playing. What he does, he does well but he tends to be redundant and for as
many notes/second that he plays, he doesn't say much. And, as has been
mentioned here recently, there are plenty o' players who can do what he
does, just as there are plenty o' players who can do what BWH does.

My biggest gripe with him is his claim to be a cross between Jimi Hendrix
and Charlie Parker. Excuse me? Time will tell but nothing that he's done so
far should be mentioned in the same breath as those two. Maybe he considers
himself a songwriter of Mozart's or John Lennon's caliber as well.

Message from Garcia to Popper: A little humility goes a long ways.

Rkt