Re: breathing control

On Thu, 9 Feb 1995, Mike Curtis wrote:

> Question: how many harp players depend on their noses being clear and
> have trouble playing with a head cold?  How many carry nasal spray or
> other nasal decongestants with their kits?

I have trouble, and I'm probably not as quite as good.  Typically, other
people don't notice (among those who've heard me straight), but I notice
a difference.  I don't carry that stuff in the kit.  I'm more worried
about blowing stuff out my nose in front of people than I am my
performance, so I do blow my nose between songs.  If I'm totally clogged
I suppose I have a lot of problems.  But if I can get just a little air,
the tiniest amount is all I need.

All Mike's advice doesn't seem to apply to me.  I've been playing since I
was five, and I push myself to do increasingly challenging solos (not on
every single song all night long), and I end up panting after some of my
toughest songs, but I don't feel as I'm doing it like I'm going to die,
or that I'm short of air.
		_____
	 Steve =#####= Price!  (you know what it is, don't make me say it)