valved diatonics

hi,

okay another boring, somewhat unadvanced question for all of you:  what
exactly do you do to a regular ole Golden Melody or lee oskar to make in
a *valved* diatonic?  Or do you have to buy one already valved?  In other
words, what is the difference between valved and nonvalved diatonics?

Also what is the main sound difference between overdrawing and bending?
Steve Baker's "Harp Handbook" did explain it but i cant tell whether i
have it or not.  Any albums with examples up for recommendation??

Thanks for the lesson (feel free to respond directly to me if you dont
want to clog the list), but meanwhile "i got to find my baby".

Alan Levy
"somebody HELP me, i cant help myself...."
				--Jr. Wells