Re: HARP-L Digest V95 #13

>Rod Thomas writes...

>Yo Harp People,
>
>     Thanks to all who responded to my questions about getting that
>"Chicago Sound" ...

I agree - it's mostly the mug behind the harp.

8<---

>     Here's another question for all you Harp buyers.  Anybody know of a
>source for cheap harps in bulk?  Not pro harps, but harps one could pass
>out in a class or demonstration.  I'm a former educator and enouph of a ham
>to be kinda interested in giving demonstrations at the many schools around
>here.  If I could get ahold of a dozen or more harps in the key of C
>without having to pay a fortune, that would be great.  I hear Popper hands
>out box loads of free harps at concerts and gets the audience to play
>along.  Sounds like fun to me.  Anybody know where he gets the harps?  I
>understand they don't have any logos on them, just the numbers 1-10 on the
>top plate, and "made in china"on the bottom.

Rod,

	I don't know where JP gets his harps - no doubt has a connection with
some manufacturer. Someone else (can't recall who) passes out Huang harmonicas
with his name on the case - must have bought a S.L. from Cham-Ber.

	Check out the Huang Frontiers Harp. Last time we bought them they were
something like $2.50 each, maybe a little higher now. Available from Farrell.
Maybe direct from Huang if you want volume.

	It's a ten hole diatonic, Richter tuned, comes only in C. It looks good
and plays OK. - Better than some of the ones that come with courses. Gold
anodized cover plates (aluminum I think), plastic comb. You don't have to be
ashamed to give it away - but you can tell they're cheap - so light, if you
don't hang onto it, it will float to the ceiling.  :-)

	Also makes a great harp for would be technicians doing their first
tuning job or making their first country tuned harp - you ruin a $2.50 harp -
who cares - it's almost disposable.

       Jack Ely - Columbus, Ohio  --Internet--> IMS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

              "Work interferes with all the things I like to do!"