WWW Netscape and others.

Hello everyone (again),

	Gosh, is this a recored from me? All these posts in the same day!
I must have some spare time (at last).

I asked my tame (really, he's only semi tame, if you knew him, you'd
understand that comment) computer guru, what he thought about this
debate over the merits of web browsers.

I thought his reply was good enough to be posted here. After all we all
use computers to get to this harp info. What works for one, may not for
another, just like life in fact.

Looking at it in the cold light of day, he's right of course. As I said
to someone else today, I gave up believing in the tooth fairy when I
started to use computers. (Look at the first part of my .sig file below)

We should not be surprised when a connection to a site far away works.
We should be AMAZED that it did connect at all, given the amount of
potential for broken gateways, data corruption and servers falling over.

It seems significant to me that most of those who work closely with
computers, grow to hate them more each day.

And to the person who asked if I was a windows user, (sorry, I forgot who)
yes I am, but only because I have to. :-(

Its a good front end for playing Solitaire I suppose.:-)

Darrens comments follow:-

	Well Gordon if you are looking for my views on the Netscape verses
Mosaic, all I can say is, they both run, they both crash. They both come
up with strange errors. They both sometimes cann't see pictures.
Sometimes they're quick, more often they are slow

	Basically its software, and who gives a dam. Anyway, I'm just
sat waiting for the lights to change on the super highway. I wonder how
many more years the lights are going to stay red. The internet is like a
super highway, it all sounds good when the planning man tells you about
how fast you can get from A to B. But when you get in you car to join
the highway you, have to go the same way as every one else. It is always
slow and conjested, and why is it me that always gets stuck behind the
Flat cap in the Metro doing 25 MPH?

	Darren "I was not born a cynic, it just happend" Brown.

	  ****This computer works perfectly until accessed.****

  -----"Its no good talking to me, its just the same as talking to you."------
							Bob Dylan.