Re: Pilsbury Dough Boy Speaks

I very much liked to read Popper's letter and will include a few
lines of his thoughts that I specifically liked and underline:

>>>...go around like half-cocked gun fighters deciding who "the
>>> best harper is".  This is the silliest premise I've ever had to
>>> deal with...I'm a musician, that means I enjoy playing music, not being
>>> a harmonicist...
>>> The object of the game, boys and girls, is to express what you
>>> mean honestly and share it.
>>> ...sorry kids but music is not a competitive sport no matter how
>>> hard you try and you could never make me see it that way.
>>> But as great as he is (Howard Levy) I have utterly no desire to
>>> imitate or play like him. I want to play my voice...

Yes, I think Popper's letter was an honest summary what music means
to him and what he attempts to accomplish using the talents he's got.
I may not be the greatest fan of his upper register riffs but I sure
want to acknowledge his talent as musician and also very much
respected his thoughts.

Bluesky Bluffs but don't pay too much attention to it, enjoy the good
friends and share your tunes with them!

Jyrki Tomminen (Bluesky Frank)
Bluesky Bluffs Corporation Unlimited