Brendan Power/Irish Harmonica News

(I understand people have had trouble getting on to our server. The
problem should be fixed, but if there is any hassle, can you mail me
directly at m.carley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thank you for your patience.)

Brendan Power on the telly!@#$!@#

Our hero played on the Late Late Show (longest running chat show on the
planet) on Friday night as part of an extended ad for a new Irish music
show that's starting soon. He and Mick Kinsella (soon to be in Oz, don't
miss him) played a couple of reels, with Mick doing a blues backing and
a guitarist doing whatever guitarists do to strings. It then switched
over to two of the Murphy brothers who played a couple more tunes. BP
then joined another band (tin-whistle, double-bass, snare drum PLAYED
WITH BRUSHES, guitar and fiddle) for a barndance. It's actually a lovely
setup for a band.

Interesting to see the Murphys and BP/MK playing together. As you know
Brendan (and Mick) are fairly "modern" players using diatonics and
chromatics to play trad. The Murphys on the other hand are more
traditional, playing tremelos. It was like seeing a pair of sax players
handing over to two accordionists. Great music all round.

--
I'm lying on the bathroom floor, praying to the Lord,
I swear I'll never drink no more if this is my reward.