Re: Harmonica Chris

At  2:50 PM 2/3/95 -0600, Matt (Urvashi V Roongta) wrote:

>I saw Chris do this last night.  My mind was totally blown!

Yup, he's darn good....for a Levy-clone ! (but with an open mind)

>How many of you harpers are married?  and does it affect your music?

Yup, of course. what's your point?  ;-)

Seriously, there was a point made earlier about stylistic shisms and how
Levy-clones sometimes look down on traditional diatonic stylists.  I don't
think this is predominantly the case, with Chris M as one example listed
here. As a matter of fact, I think he has received the reverse treatment
from some of the more established blues harpers around town (eg. recall his
Madison Slim incident on-list) where they claim that ~that's not the way
you play blues harp~. This kind of easy labeling and quick ~passing off~ is
what creates the shisms. More could be said, but each vantage could widen a
bit.

Harv <HAAndruss@xxxxxxx> -- opinions my own, hands full with working wife,
kid in diapers, wild pre-schooler, then blues, harps and guitars.