A Paul Beuscher diatonic

When I was in Rabat (Morocco) last year I went into the city's only rock music
instrument shop out of curiosity. There I found a Paul Beuscher "Country
Western" diatonic harp which I bought.  It looks good. Made in the German
Democratic Republic (East Germany) it has a plastic comb and the covers are
held on with a nut and hexagonal bolt. It comes with a soft plastic
slip-on case: ideal for keeping dust out while adding very little weight or
volume to the harp.

According to the stamp on the cover plate, it is in G, but to my surprise, the
distribution of notes is as follows:

       1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 blow  B  D  G  B  D  G  B  D  G  B
 draw  D  F# A  C  E  F# A  C  E  F#

This gives you a G chord blow and D9 draw (Amin draw also possible). What is
this sort of harp intended for? It doesn't look like country tuning to me. Any
ideas would be welcome.

Regards

John