Re: HARP-L Digest V95 #13

Yo Harp People,

     Thanks to all who responded to my questions about getting that
"Chicago Sound" via mic and amp.  I agree with all who said the sound comes
from the player first, sound system second.  The tape and book "Building
Harmonica Technique" by David Barrett has really opened my eyes and ears to
all the ways a player can fatten his or her tone.  I recommend the book and
tape highly to all intermediate players.

     Here's another question for all you Harp buyers.  Anybody know of a
source for cheap harps in bulk?  Not pro harps, but harps one could pass
out in a class or demonstration.  I'm a former educator and enouph of a ham
to be kinda interested in giving demonstrations at the many schools around
here.  If I could get ahold of a dozen or more harps in the key of C
without having to pay a fortune, that would be great.  I hear Popper hands
out box loads of free harps at concerts and gets the audience to play
along.  Sounds like fun to me.  Anybody know where he gets the harps?  I
understand they don't have any logos on them, just the numbers 1-10 on the
top plate, and "made in china"on the bottom.

-Rod

--
Rod Thomas                              email:   skt2@xxxxxxx
Illustrator                               phone:  (617) 449-0480