Re: Big Walter's Best

On Wed, 1 Feb 1995, Rod Thomas/Sandra Teare wrote:

> >   -Steve
> Yo Steve, and all Harp-lers, If a fellow can only afford one Big Walter CD,
> which should he pick up?  I picked up my first CD "live at the El Mocambo"
> awhile back and was not too inspired.  I'll give another chance I promise,
> but what's your all time favorite Big Walter CD?
> -Rod

His two Blind Pig recordings, Fine Cuts and Can't Keep Loving Her are my
favorites. If I had to choose between the two I would have to go with
Can't Keep Loving Her, but both are essential Chicago blues harp albums.
Mouth Harp Maestro is a great collection of early tracks by "Mumbles"
Horton. He sounds a lot like Sonny Boy II on that one.

  -Steve