Re: Big Walter's Best

The best Live Big Walter is Little Boy Blue, Live at the Knickerbocker
Club.  He's backed
by Sugar Ray and the Blue Tones with Ronny Earl on guitar.  One of the
best versions of his signature tune ~Easy~ appears on this album.  If
you'd rather avoid a live album the one to get is Can't Keep Lovin' you.
This album has what I consider to be one of the best harmonica tunes ever
recorded on it.  BWH's version of Careless Love is simply stunnming in
it's simplicity of phrasing and the depth of the tone.  There are two
other BWH albums that are good first choices.  Big Walter Horton with
Carey Bell and Fine Cuts are both excellent albums with good quality
soungd and excellent backing bands.  The other often overlooked a;lbum I
have as a compilation called Sun Harmonica Greats.  This album features
the original version of ~Easy~ which is very different from BWH's later
versions of the song.  Some of the best vibrato I've ever heard.  The
sound quality is somewhat lacking and BWH's only on 2 of the cuts.  FJM