Re: Silvertones

>I play Silvertones because they sound great.  And I just got
>another one.  (From the 50s)  It sounds big and fat and set me
>back a whole $45.

Riding through West Virginia last summer I passed a pawn
shop. They had a Silvertone Twin 12 and they wanted
$65 for it. The damn thing was too big to fit in the car. It had
the head that slipped out of the body and rested on the top.
It really looked like a cool harp amp and It worked fine. We
couldn't figure a way to get it home easily. I should have
spent the money and had it shipped. The thing is probably
still there.
          Keith