Re: Why are we still talking about this? That pesky cap

>Tom claims to have used the screw type connectors for over 20 years
>professionaly with good results.

I've had no problems with this connection since I got rid of the cheesy
cord and replaced it with a heavy duty one.

>He claims this is the same as the Crystal Balls mod

Is that all the Crystal Balls is? A quality pot and a screw on connector?
That's a lot of markup for $10 worth of parts and a 45 minutes of labor.

>I also spoke to an old RCA engineer about all of the above.  His thoughts
>were crystals are much happier with an impedance load approaching
>infinity.

I agree with that.